Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Problems getting my mobile phone unlocked. My phone is

Customer Question
Problems getting my mobile...

Problems getting my mobile phone unlocked. My phone is locked with Optus and approx. 3 weeks ago I changed service provider and they supplied me with alternative SIM card for my mobile phone. However I am unable to use it until Optus unlocks my phone. I have been in contact with them several times and they have tried to unlock my phone without success. Last Thursday morning I approached my nearest Optus shop and I explained the problem and they have since tried to do so without success. My phone will run out of warranty by 27th January, 2018 and I have asked them if they cannot unlock my phone they would need to replace it. However they said they will not do that unless they have tried up to 10 working days. Please tell me if there is something you could do to help me please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland, Brisbane

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you written a formal complaint to Optus addressed to the dispute resolution department yet?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor