Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are trying to refinance our home loan, all the paperwork…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to refinance our home loan, all the paperwork has been signed and presented to the current lender on the 17/11/2017 but we are still waiting for them to release the mortgage, I believe a month is more than adequate to have completed the request. What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

All the required paperwork has been completed by the new..home loan lender and sent to the existing lender on the 17/11/2017. They have been having regular communications with them but they have been putting the release date back each time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don,t think so.. I have just sent the lender an e.mail requesting the paperwork be finalised on the 20/12/2017,,giving them another few days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Depending on the lender it can take up to 5 weeks.

On what basis are they putting back the release date?

The worse thing about this is that you cannot do anything you are in their hands.

If you are going to lose your new mortgagee because of the delay you then have a right to claim losses and penaltoes from the old lender as they have been negligent.

To lodge a complaint with the ombudsman it is not going to make them work faster.

Who is the discharging mortgagee and are they using external solicitors?