Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I don't know if I am in the right area. It is two years this…

Customer Question
Hi I don't know...

Hi I don't know if I am in the right area. It is two years this Sunday 17/12/17 that our restraining ends. Which was a police application. We were together for 23yrs that consisted of mental,emotional and physical abuse. I have decided that I want to access his superannuation which is quite substantial. The reason I have decided this is verbally, he doesn't touch my business and I don't touch his super. But the last two yrs has impacted on myself and my mother which is included in the assault, and therefore my business has suffered. He thought it was worth $100,000, no one wants to buy it for $50,000 even. I am drowning in debts. I have worked very hard in this business for 11 years. My mother needs looking after now which is why I am trying to sell. I really need some help this is not revenge, but I do think I am entitled.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that we are scared as well

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.