Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a Work Cover claim that I have referred to a

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I...

Hi Pearl, I have a Work Cover claim that I have referred to a solicitor in my trade union. However, I am a little concerned that she does not want to see me in person and prefers to do everything via written correspondence and (I think) telephone correspondence. (I had one initial telephone conference which I found difficult to follow because of the amount of information given verbally, with no capacity to ask questions in the constant flow of information.) However, this is a lawyer who works for my trade union, so I assume they have my best interests at heart. But, if I commence with the TU lawyer and sign all the paperwork that she is my representative and I am not satisfied that she has fully exhausted all avenues, can I then take my case to another lawyer. I don't want to chase the law firms that advertise for compensation cases, because I don't know how much is hype. I want realistic advice, not "chase ambulance advice". However, I do want to know if I can go further if I'm uncertain about the advice I'm receiving. Regards, *****: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Really, not sure what I need to provide.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

NSW

Denis what is your main issues that you are having ?

This is entirely unsatisfactory. Please read my enquiry before responding.

I have reviewed your comments I understand your issue.

Do you want to change your lawyer if they are not acting appropriately ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

By the way, my name is ***** ***** If you can't even read a name on the end of an email correctly, why would I trust you ?

My apologies Denise, typo error.