Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am 39 years old. I was sexually abused by my grandfather…

Customer Question
Hi I am 39...

Hi I am 39 years old. I was sexually abused by my grandfather as a child can I sue my mother for failing to protect me by taking me to visit after knowing he abused me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She was abused also by him and she says that she was very frightened of her father and they controlled her

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Is he still alive?

You cannot sue you mother for what he did unless you have evidence that she was involved in it as an accessory.

This way she can be charged.

You can report it to the police and they will investigate it. If there is enough evidence they will charge her.

You should also be having psychologist or psychiatrists.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards