Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are renting a workshop in kilsyth there is no water

Customer Question
We are renting a...

We are renting a workshop in kilsyth there is no water running in the tap in front of the shop we have approached the real estate agent about this problem but as yet nothing has happened

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry we are in victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have mostly spoken to them on the phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The real estate agent says we have not spoken to them about the issue but we have several times.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

under your lease, you will be entitle to make urgent repairs as required.

do you have a copy of the lease handy to reference ?

I have the lease in front of me

is there an urgent maintenance provision ?