Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Wednesday was my last day with my Employer, Signature Tours.

Customer Question
Wednesday was my last...

Wednesday was my last day with my Employer, Signature Tours. I would like to know how long my contract is valid for as they still owe me unpaid commissions. Thanks Debbie Stabile

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Sorry not sure what "at will" means i was permanent part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Company Signature Tours has ceased trading however it was also part of Group Colleges Australia who are still operating

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/14/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Thanks Leon however i just want one question answered and im really not in a position to pay the $81

Good Morning

The contract does not end.

They have to pay you under the contract even when you leave.

You have a right to your commissions and if they do not pay you on Wednesday then you will have to commence proceedings to be paid your commissions.

You would enforce it in the local court unless the money is over $100,000.00

It is a debt to you and you have to follow the process.

This next link is detailed on the process.

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-nsw/

If it is over $1,000.00 you are also entitled to interest.

Make sure you have details of the commissions owed and evidence of them as it will make it easier.

The sooner you do it the better

So on Thursday you send the letter of demand and start the process

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards