Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got my Colombian driving licence and I also got my

Customer Question
I got my Colombian...

I got my Colombian driving licence and I also got my Australian Citizenship 2 years ago. I go to Colombia every 3 months and stay there for 2 weeks. I was stoped for a police and told me I could not drive with my Colombian driving licence and send me to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

YES

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went to the RTA today and they told me that if I leave Australia every 3 months, then I am able to drive when i come bach to Australia for another 3 months on my Colombian dribving licence

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

did the RTA show you where in the legislation that you can do this ?

As you are an Australian Citizen you are required to hold the proper drivers licence.

There are ways to deal with your court matter.

would you like to talk on the telephone to discuss the same ?