Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ors of an estate. We have 3 executors of an estate, 2 agree…

Customer Question
Ors of an estate ...

Ors of an estate

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

We have 3 executors of an estate , 2 agree on one path the 3rd disagrees and will not co operate by accepting the majority . is there a law that compels them to go with the majority .

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Its to do with selecting a lawyer to do the probate . the 2 exeuctors want to use one legal firm the 3rd wont budge .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All to do with costs quoted no

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

in this instance where the parties cannot agree on an action, an application will need to be filed with the Probate Division of the Supreme Court to resolve the matter if it cannot be settled through mediation.

what is the matter than cannot be agreed upon ?

There is a disagreement between them on who should act as the legal firm to complete probate
2 are not happy with the firm chosen by the dissenting executor. And they wish to change the firm. The dissenting executor refuses to Co operate or sign any handover.

I see you requested a call, you need to put into the system a valid credit card and then my number will display so you can call me.

IN NSW ,
2 of three executors want to change the original lawyer they

ok and what do you want to do ?