Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We just moved from NSW to SA and our removalist said it

Customer Question
We just moved from...

We just moved from NSW to SA and our removalist said it would be 7 to 10 days for delivery. They are now saying 2 Days before Christmas. We are staying with family and are in our sixties so sleeping on the floor isn’t the best. Is there anything I can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We are now in Adelaide

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to be able to get my furniture quicker. We are also paying rent on a property that we can’t live in yet because we have no furniture.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what you need to do is to issue a formal demand in relation to the agreement that you signed with the removalist.

have you done this yet ?

No

ok, would you like me to issue a letter to them ?