Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Victoria. No not yet. My query is this. Back in August the…

Customer Question
Good afternoon Pearl, Lawyer's...

Good afternoon Pearl,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet. My query is this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Back in August the electricity supply to our Apartment cut out on a Friday night. We contacted an electrician who called and ascertained what the problem was, however was not able to fix the problem as he was unable to get into the building's Control Room and the number were were given to contact did not respond until the following Monday morning. We made a report to the person in charge of our Strata Plan with all the info he requested. We have been told time & time again that the matter is under control and that we negotiated an amount of $250 as compensation, far lower that the cost of our outlay. We accepted the lower amount in the hope that the matter would be resolved fairly quickly. I get the feeling that Management of the Strata Plan is using delaying tactics with the hope that we give up. We welcome your advice as to what we should be now doing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Did you agree to this in writing and are you saying that you are still having electrical issues?