Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I was looking for a lawyer that could help me with VCAT, I…

Customer Question
I was looking for...

I was looking for a lawyer that could help me with VCAT, I am in Coffs Harbour but my purchase was in Melbourne so NCAT said I had to go to Vcat. I not good at filling in forms

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only with NCAT and judge thru it out and said go to VCAT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is to do with the purchase of a horse

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Can you give me more information as to the situation?

Long story short, I purchased a horse from a Inglis yearling sale. The horse would never make it to the races, rules state you must declare if the horse has had any work done Arthroscopy etc, this horse had and it had taken me a while to find the evidence but I have I took it to NCAT and was rejected because I purchased from Melbourne sale. VCAT seems a little harder to fill in and I also thought I may be better off going thru a lawyer instead. I have very good evidence of lie's now even to NCAT.
The horse could not even be broken in

Good Afternoon

I assume you are arguing false and misleading conduct?

I suppose so,Look I am not the brightest spark.
I was told this was $5 dep now I just got charged $98 I don't understand

Good Afternoon

I cannot draft the form for you as that means I am taking you on as a client.

I can look at it and give you some suggestions.

Here is the link for the forms

https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/resources/results?keywords=&resource_type%5B%5D=23&case_type=255

You select the second form and download it or you can do it online

These are not easy and you will need to pay for a lawyer to assist you and represent you as you are not in Victoria

You will have to fly down for the hearing though.

I am not able to answer the part about the fees. I am also an user of the site and do not deal with that. I will pass this onto the administrators.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor