Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Went up to work at ERH Echuce and wanted them to fill out my…

Customer Question
Went up to work...

Went up to work at ERH Echuce and wanted them to fill out my paper work so my home loan can be payed by insurance . They told me that they have to sack me to be able to fill out the paperwork, I have not had any work for the last 6/8 weeks I went from working 64 hours a fortnight to none

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Casual

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know were I stand

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you have anything in writing where they advised you to resign to be able to work at home and they would continue to give you work?

no

Good Evening

Were you a full time employee at the time or causal throughout your employement with them?