Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im having an issue with a personal trainer. I paid for 2…

Customer Question
Hi im having an...

Hi im having an issue with a personal trainer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I paid for 2 months ive completed one and asked for a refund for the last month, but i have not signed anything and he will not give me my money back

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is moving premises and so has sold a lot of equipment but is not at the new place till a month

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Being a verbal agreement the issue is it is your word against the personal trainers.

Do you recall what the agreement was when you paid?

Was it agreed that if you decided to terminate early you would get a refund?

What was your understanding?

This is what you will have to be able to convince VCAT of if you decide to go down the path of taking the PT to court for the money.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards