Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Probaly not hard one. Queensland. Well if U consider stabing…

Customer Question
Probaly not hard one ...

Probaly not hard one

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well if U consider stabing by wife Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost? OK

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

What is your question?

No, she stabbed me 5 times, in my left shoulder! spent 18 Days in
hospital, her breathe riser reading was around 0.3 I was told! Then called back because they found blood leaking into my longs! Another 2 days! Contracted Golden staff in hospital! Fun times!She broke parole and went back to Prison! (Drinking, Prostitution), that cost me a house mate!She sent (I may have it), a 'Affidavit' Claiming around 65% of house content, and dog and car and my super!I Have not received anything for ooss of earnings, or stress! Constantly wary!

Good Evening

Have you reported the stabbing to the police?

Have you lodged a claim under victims of crime?

obviously police were here and took her away to prison!

To claim loss of wages etc you can file for victims compensation.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/victims-and-witnesses-of-crime

In relation to the family law claim where she is claiming 65% you have to defend that and the law will apply the following 4 steps.

Step 1: Determine what the assets are and their value

This will include all assets and their value as at the day that you are dividing them. It does not matter whose name the assets are in, they will form part of the matrimonial pool. Superannuation entitlements are also included.

Step 2: Determine what contributions you and your Husband made towards the assets.

This includes a consideration of both financial and non-financial contributions. Consideration is given to what assets each of you brought into the marriage as well. The weight given to your initial contribution will be dependent upon the length of your relationship. The longer the relationship the less weight given to the initial contribution.

Step 3: What are each of your future needs.

Consideration is given to your respective ages, your comparitive income earning capacity as well as other factors.

IF these things don't balance equally for each spouse, then an adjustment is made in the percentages.

Step 4: Make an order that is just and equitable between both spouses

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards