Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I need to chat to someone about the difficulties I am having…

Customer Question
Good morning, I need...

Good morning, I need to chat to someone about the difficulties I am having with ANZ trying to get back 4 x 220 payments made to a girl who was working for my daughter looking after her girls. The funds are sitting in Leonie Horstkamp's ANZ account. Leonie is back in Germany and has been since early this year. There was an oversight and the direct payments were not cancelled. My dealings with ANZ apart from "Rohan" have been vague. I was told if Leonie could remember her passwork which had been an issue but has not been resolved she could access her account and transfer the funds back to me. She tried to do this but her account is now restricted. Contacting Leonie is difficult and I believe she is studying and working so is time poor. My last attempt to email ANZ was frustrating as the web site timed out half way through an email which was not book length. I am wondering if there is someone I could speak to to try to resolve this. I was hoping to be able to give the funds to my daughter to help with Christmas. She is a single parent with 2 girls trying to get her own business off the ground. I live and work in PNG so attempting to deal with internet banking can be difficult at times with drop outs constant. I am in Brisbane until Sunday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry my name is***** I sent the previous email regarding and issue with ANZ and bumped send by mistake. My telephone number is +61###-##-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I do have emails going back to 5th August 2017. My last email was 11 December 2017 but I have heard nothing back. I did as them to call me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you. I just thought, they did send me a form for Leonie to sign but that was when it was suggested the easiest thing would be for Leonie to transfer the money back to me. It took some time for my daughter to get a response from Leonie.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

You can elect to have a call and it is a further $82.00

Let me know if you want to do that and I will call you.

The 48 hours for a response from to my last email is not up until 1900 today. I will wait to see if they respond a little more favourably and get back to you.
Regards,
Barbara McGrory

I look forward to hearing from you?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor