Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is freewallet.org a scam. I sent btc by accident to a bcc…

Customer Question
Is freewallet.org a scam ...

Is freewallet.org a scam

Lawyer's Assistant: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

I sent btc by accident to a bcc wallet at freewallet.org. After contacting their support, they asked for the transaction ID. Ihave not heard from them since despite numerous emails from me. They have gone dark. How can I get my funds back. Utube has many warnings about freewallet.org.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

I have since read in their terms they mention this exact same thing so it is a common mistake to make. They say somthing about recovery, but they are not responding. I am very worried as I can`t afford to lose the money. Approx AU$23,000. It has been a week now and I dont know where to turn.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
I have to o now. Ou are welcome to send your answer to***@******.***.
12/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

What do you mean by BTC?

Bitcoin and bcc is bitcoin cash. Unfortunately it looks to me that you do not have an understanding of cryptocurency. This would be a basic acquisition to be of any assistance to me. Therefore you can refund my fee to PayPal and thank you for your time.

I know crypto currency and since the rise of bitcoin there have been alot of scams coming up.

I will arrange for a refund for you.