Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son has been charged by police for possesion of a

Customer Question
My son has been...

My son has been charged by police for possesion of a dangerous substance, (mdma) he is not a user, as he gets tested ru

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Queensland, it happened on 5/8/16

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, very disapointing, the court lawyer told him guilty & get a slap on the wrist & a small fine, he maintains they were not his drugs, he was working in a nighy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sorry, working in a night club, can you please connect me, we have just had a consultation with a lawyer, & was told if he pleads not guilty & that it would need to go to trial at a cost of $8,000 legal fee, its money he doesnt have!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

does your son want to contest the charge ?