Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I recently purchased a property for the purpose of making it…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a property for the purpose of making it our new home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The property was advertised as NBN connected, which it is, however even though the wiring is available inside the propery, the box that it connects to is missing.the

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NBN have confirmed the property is listed as connected, despite several letters photographs and phone calls, I cannot manage to have the connection made.s I have been dealing with a very helpful young man in the Telstra shop, but even he has now told me he does not know what to do next.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Somewhere between Telstra and NBN is the answer, however neither will accept responsibility and connect me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good afternoon

Was it purchased from a developer as a new off the plan property?

Did the contract mention that it was connected to the NBN?Are you saying it is connected directly and not using the oldtelstra lines?