Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem with Equifax ( ex Veda) the credit record…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have...

Hi there, I have a problem with Equifax ( ex Veda) the credit record management firm. They have double charged me for a service, agreed to pay the money back, say they did, I have not received it and have asked for proof of payment, they have not done so. They are very hard to contact, I have written to senior management with no response. Which Ombudsmen should I go to for action - credit or financial ? or other? Thank you, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I am in Vic, they are in NSW, started maybe 6 months ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

There is no manufacturer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/12/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

do you have anything in writing from them ?

a number of e-mail exchanges, several pages

on this basis you will be able to raise a formal complaint in writing to pursue the payment.

would you like to do this ?

John, I have my own Lawyers, all I did was go online to an ask a question site with a simple question - which ombudsmen. If you cant simply answer just advise and we'll move on. Thank you

you can raise a complaint to the ombudsmen, but it will not provide you the prompt out come you seek.

I would be pleased to talk to you on the telephone, I have extended a special offer to you, which will be far more cost effective than attending a lawyers office if you prefer ?

Who says I want a prompt outcome. Its $79.95 and been going on for months. I am pursuing out of principle now as well as wanting my money back. Thank you for your time.

the next step on the principle point is to issue a formal complaint from a lawyer.

would you like to discuss this point

John,
I paid a $5 refundable deposit for a free answer about which ombudsmen, talk to someone online in Qld, open an account thinking I will get answer, talk to you, I just see I have been slugged another $75, and don't have the answer to my question. Please arrange refund of my money and I will talk to my own Lawyer and Ombudsmens offices, and then pursue you and this website also if my money is not refunded. Thank you. Steven Biggs

you need to speak to the financial ombudsmen.

you can request a refund from the help menu on your screen.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor