Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son has an AVO hearing at the Local Court in Terrace on…

Customer Question
My son has an...

My son has an AVO hearing at the Local Court in Raymond Terrace on Tuesday 19th December 2017. He as a result of an AVO is now lost his job and is not financial. The AVO was issued for his appearance in Raymond Terrace he lives in Lidcombe can you tell me what the procedure is as his is a bad mental state not knowing what is happening.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New South Wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has made a statement to the Auburn Police in Lidcombe area Sydney and an AVO has been raised

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All is a bit sketchy I have read the AVO and there are many factors involved unfortunately it seems drug related to the Supersonic Festival held in Riverwood Downs New South Wales

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/11/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

Is he seeing a dr?

Has he been charged with assault? Is this the first appearance in court?

first appearance taken to Westmead Hospital was discharged but extremely distressed

He will need to get a solicitor to represent him.

I have concerns about the statement he has given the police because this will be used against him

I am happy to chat on the phone it may be easier but I understand you may not want to spend a further $82.00

If the incident happened whilst he was under the influence of drugs and he does not have any contact with the person in need of protection then the solicitor would try and get it dismissed.

It is not a simple process but he needs the representation and he should make sure he has a solicitor when he goes to court. If he does not have a solicitor he has to appear and ask fro an adjournment. The court will make the order but only temporarily.

If that happens he has to make sure he does not breach it then he has greater issues.