Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife has traded our three month old family car on on

Customer Question
My wife has traded...

My wife has traded our three month old family car on on another car whilst I was in Sydney. This occurred between 22/1117 and 25/11/12. The car was purchased from the Von Bibra Group on the Gol Coast. We purchased vehicle from one branch and she purchased a new car from another branch of the company and put the vehicle in her name only. As a retired police officer I know that the signatures of both parties are required to sell the vehicle and this provision is clearly stated in section 3 of the transfer form. This is also a fraud matter. When I enquirer at the Von Bibra branch that she used they would not supply me with any documents relating to the sale and purchase of the vehicles. The sale was at a loss of over $10,000 on change over. I have no vehicle and she refuses to allow me to drive her vehicle. She first told me she had an accident and the vehicle was written off and she purchased the new vehicle to replace the original. We are now getting divorced. What can I do to recoup my loss and what can be done to the Von Bibra Group for allowing her to commit the offence? She has also removed $385,000 from our hom loan account and we now owe this money to the Westpac bank. Can you be of assistance with this matter also? She did our finances,!but why did westpace not notify me as the other party on the mortgage, that large amounts of money were being removed from the mortgage? Thank you Chris Deery.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Queensland and the original Subaru is 2017 and her new Honda CRV is either 2017 or 2018. Both vehicles were purchased new from Von Bibra Group. We both signed the contract of sale for the original Subaru and it was registered in both names.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With Police? No. Not yet. I spoke to a solicitor last week and he told me to contact you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/11/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today

where there has been a misappropriation or underselling of assets these facts will be taken into account with the financial separation proceedings as matters of fact.

have you commenced financial separation proceedings yet ?