Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

W**** My 38 year old son, (who I believe is an alcoholic),

Customer Question
My name is********* My...

My name is********* My 38 year old son, (who I believe is an alcoholic), has caused his mother to vacate her family home through his horrible behaviour. He is (has been) living with her for 18 years, and has now invited his girl friend of 11 years, with a 3.5 year old child, (not my son's) to live with him. While I love my son, who is very pleasant and helpful when not drinking, it seems to me that this is an intolerable situation. His mother is my ex-wife and is a loving and caring woman, with whom I still converse. She does not have the money to rent here, or in Rockhampton, where her partner resides at present. Our son was raised with love, care, and discipline, but was not spoiled. Please give me any information which may help to resolve this. We are living on the Sunshine Coast, Qld. With my thanks, ***** *********.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Qld.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son's girl friend is virtually amoral, and takes drugs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/11/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Thank you. My name is************. My 38 year old son, (who I believe is an alcoholic), has caused his mother to vacate her family home through his horrible behaviour. He is (has been) living with her for 18 years, and has now invited his girl friend of 11 years, with a 3.5 year old child, (not my son's) to live with him. While I love my son, who is very pleasant and helpful when not drinking, it seems to me that this is an intolerable situation. His mother is my ex-wife and is a loving and caring woman, with whom I still converse. She does not have the money to rent here, or in Rockhampton, where her partner resides at present. Our son was raised with love, care, and discipline, but was not spoiled. Please give me any information which may help to resolve this. We are living on the Sunshine Coast, Qld. With my thanks, ***** **********

Does she fear for her safety?

Has she reported the abuse to the police?

From Ray W****... WHY did I receive this email? arr. Mark Edward <*****@******.***> Today, 10:39 AMRecipients (*****@******.***) Dear Beneficiary, My name is***** I know this will come as surprise to you but it doesn't matter because whatever i did was for your own good, i hope you remember the cheque of 1.5 million issued to you some time ago, although you backed out because there was so much trouble with the authorities and so much money was asked to be paid to get the cheque out of these offices and courier services. At this point, I must let you know that i was able to get the cheque out and i deposited this cheque with the paying bank for cash, an account was opened in your name and the cheque was lodged in, presently the fund is safe and you can still receive it by wire transfer. All you need to do is acknowledge as the reciepient so that we can know how you want to receive the funds either by wire transfer or through an ATM debit card, all arrangement have already been made to prove that this fund will get to you without spending a dime from your pocket. I spoke to a financier who will handle the financial aspect of this transaction but at the completion of the transaction he will be given %10 of the total $1.5 Million dollars.i hope this will not be a problem to you because every fee that will be ask for by the bank will be made known to you but the financier will remit all fund to pay directly from your address to make it transparent. If you have forgotten about the fund completely you are free to let go but if you still need the fund and want to get the money to ensure you make up for all your troubles, then get back to me and i will let you know how this can be handled for the transfer to take effect to your account. I will need you to respond back if you want this to happen, it is not by force because i will not ask you for a dime but just to redeem myself that i did not inform you wrongly concerning the $1.5 million Dollars. Waiting to here from you. Regards ***** ***** Edward

That email is not addressed to you and I cannot explain why you got it

But it has nothing to do with your question.

She is not in fear of her safety
No not reported to police
I am sorry for my late reply!

Then why did she leave from her own home?

It is all good.

My son would come home drunk, an throw objects out of the house, cursing / swearing loudly. Please remember she has been suffering the bad behaviour etc. for 18 years, and can not stand it any more. Her love for her son seems to make a resolution more difficult.
I take it that "It is all good" is your $61.00 response to my question.

Good Afternoon

So you are telling me that she does not fear for her safety with this action?