Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have purchased a new caravan in 2016. while on a trip to…

Customer Question
We have purchased a...

We have purchased a new caravan in 2016. while on a trip to Qld we noticed a problem with the floor. we contacted supreme warranty section and they told us to get quote for repairs. we did so and got a quote from a repair shop in Cairns. the problem was identified and Supreme caravans notified. we asked via email whether or not the repairs could be done after we get back to SA. They said yes and to contact them after we had got a quote from a repairer in Adelaide. this was all agreed to before the end of July 2017. the warranty period expired 25/8/2017. we got a quote from Cara-Rest and it was sent by Cara-Rest to Supreme on 17/10/2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Supreme caravans is in Campbelfield Vic. we live in SA and purchased the caravan from Dave Bensons in Adl.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have copies of emails sent to and from Supreme and from Cara-Rest to Supreme plus documented conversations

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have contacted supreme 6 times and each time thay say they have to speak to service mngr but have never got back to us. the want us to bring the van back to Melb as they say the quote is too expensive.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/11/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

do you have a copy of the contract you signed ?