Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just enquiring about what can e done wit a problem I have…

Customer Question
Hi, just enquiring about...

Hi, just enquiring about what can e done wit a problem I have with my washing machine. I purchased a Borsch washing machine (front loader) in July 2017, the seals have splitter. I rang. Borsch but there is no agent to fix it. This should be under warranty as it is only 6 months old. What should I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New South Wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Probably not, what do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wanting to know what I should do

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/10/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you will be able to make a claim under the warranty of the Machine.

have you contacted the store as to where you purchased the machine as this till be the first step?

if the store cannot help the next step is to contact Bosch service center and quote the warranty number of the documents you received when you purchased the machine

have I answered your important question to day ?

Well I have contacted the store and Bosch, Bosch haven't a agent in my Rea to fix the washing machine, and the store was waiting for them

ok. You have done the right thing, and it is just a matter of waiting

Is there any other matter I can assist you at the moment ?