Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a 14 year old son and have custody, in January aim…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 14 year old son and have custody, in January aim moving OVERSEAS but my son wants to stay with his father in which he has agreed how do l TRANSFER the custody to him?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No the TRANSFER of the custody to the father

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/10/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

custody can be transferred through mutual agreement between the parties, through a changed parenting plan.

this document will ensure your legal rights as a parent a still protected.

do you currently have a parenting plan in place or consent orders by the court ?