Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I msged u yesterday but you sent me 2 the link before i

Customer Question
Hi i msged u...

Hi i msged u yesterday but you sent me 2 the link before i could tell u that i couldnt do it right then and i couldnt get back to our chat sorry . i tryed but it wouldnt let me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

IQLD child custody case with me and my mum she doesnt want to give her back pluss not giveing me the time the order states and now wont let me speak to her unless its on my 3 days per fornight visit from Bundaberg

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes in the order it states 3 days in a row and at first she was doing that but now she just says that the order doesnt say how many hours or mins per day only that i c her for the 3 days. when the court makes an order for a day what does that mean 9-5? i need to know as my next court date is 3 months away and missing time with my little girl

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/10/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

So you are saying that the mother of the child is no complying with the orders of the court?

Are you represented?

Are you given any form of contact eg phone calls?

No i am the mother of my child lol and no phone calls plz rather msg. So i went to jail for 19 months for drug traffic and mum looked after. Now that im out and doin okay she doesnt want to give her back and makein it as diff for me to spend time with her as poss. She now says that i cant even talk to except on my days . I dont even know if she can do that so i need to ask someone . U.

Who does not want to give her back?

The grandmother?

Are their current orders giving the child to her?

Do the orders set out the contract you are to have?

Please reply here. Opening new posts cost you money.

I have closed the other post.

I think a phone call may be in order but you have to elect to have one. It will cost you a further fee.

But please respond here and do not open new posts.

Did u read my msg? Lol. I went to jail and mum looked after her now i want h
Look forget that . What i need help with and i assumed u knew as the lady who i first spoke to told me that she would tell u is we have a temp order in place stateinh i get 3 days in a row per fortnight at first no probs but now she is cuttin my time back more and more and she says that the order doesnt say for how long so she can give me 5 mins per day. So when an order says a day what does that mean? 9-5? I need to know. Also i come from Bundy to Brisbane every fortnight just to get less time can she do that. Also there wasnt any phone order put in place as my mum wasnt being a bitch then and would let me call her when i wanted now no more calls at all. Can she do that?

You opened another post.

I will assume you have orders based on what you are telling me.

If the other party is not allowing you to speak to the children and not complying with the orders then you have a right to file a contravention application for breach

Do you have a solicitor?

I do not have a solicitor as i cant offord one all i need to know is what is a day in legal terms 9-5 . I just want to know how much time i can have with her. Thats the main question. So just need help with that and the reason i reopened is it wasnt workin. I was trying to reply but nothing and im typein as fast as i can . And can u plz read the full msg as i said this allready

You have to contact legal aid and apply to be assisted by them.

They will be able to assist you to file the application.

You do not give her any time.

All requests for contact should be in writing.

So when you are next to get the children you message her or email her the day before to arrange a time.

If she refuses you access and replies denying you or does not reply you attend on the day to collect them as per the orders.

If she refuses then you take the matter to court.

All that has to happen is her refuse to follow the order.

You can also take the order to the police and ask them to attend with you to collect the children if she is refusing you contact.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

No it doesnt as that is not the question i asked and for what eva reason i cant get your replys unless i open a new window and u dont want me to do that. So plz forget the entire thing i tryed to explain what the issue was but u didnt get it . All i needed to know is when the court say one day how many hours does that equal 2 such a simple q i thought but still no answer. Also im not goin to pay someone to tell me to go to legal aid which i have done allready and they said they couldnt fund me so i will work it out on my own at least i might get an answer then

Generally they stipulate the pick up time and the drop off time.

If it does not say the hours then the law will day it is what is reasonable.

A day would be calculated at 8 - 9 hours.

So a pick up at 9am and drop off at 6pm

Leon, Solicitor