Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just wondering what can be done about a slanderous comment…

Customer Question
Hi, Hi, Just wondering...

Hi, Hi, Just wondering what can be done about a slanderous comment put on the QLD police system by an officer who has never met me and only spoken to me over the phone. he has not taken action in relation to a domestic violence order

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I am the applicant in a family law and domestic violence matter. A report was taken by a doctor at Gold Coast Hospital who spoke to the police, the police did not interview my children instead wrote it off stating I make false claims. My children disclosed to the doctor directly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I initially took the children in for an interview in April and an officer called me in for another incident in September which I knew nothing about

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards. 
You might have a claim of defamation.Have you considered this option yet ?