Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was forced to resign from my job due to horrendous

Customer Question
I was forced to...

I was forced to resign from my job due to horrendous bullying and harassment. I saw my doctor immediately, and was diagnosed as suffering from depression and anxiety as a direct result of my treatment. 6 weeks later, it is getting worse, and medication has not helped. Am I able to put in a Workers Comp Claim? Ps - there is a history of previous employees being treated the same way, some having also been on workcover.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Was full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was working for a Qld state member of parliament

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you considered file for a claim of unfair dismissal at the Fair Work Commission yet ?

I am in Qld - so really need a Qld solicitor for advice as working in the Qld public service, you cannot use Fair Work - you need to go through Industrial Relations. And no - I cannot claim for unfair dismissal as I was not dismissed. And constructive dismissal impossible to clam for in Industrial court.
No - no phone call

I can assist you as Employment Law is Federal Law under the Fair Work Act including Industrial Relations NES and I do work in this area of law.

Would you like to talk on the telephone so we can discuss in detail the options you have ?

I have extended a special offer to you as this will make it easier on this important matter

Putting in a workers compo claim will need you to be able to substantiate the reasons, you can do this, but it will require careful application of supporting documents in your circumstance that you have described.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor