Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I take civil Acton against someone... I now live in…

Customer Question
How do I take...

How do I take civil Acton against someone...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I now live in Qld. The civil action concerns a property I own in South Australia..

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My X partner has left a lot of his stuff on my property. I have had the property up for sale for a year. The estate agent told me nothing of the left stuff. I have just changed estate agents. He made me aware of the junk left.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

You have to commence proceeding in SA and get an order to be able to dispose of the items.

You have to send him a letter and advise that if he does not remove his items you will sue and seek an order for the removal and also an order for costs.

It cannot be done in QLD.

It has to be done in SA

To seek compensation because you could not sell because of it will be harder because you did not ask for its removal. The original estate agent may have been negligence and you may have an action against him.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up on my last post.

If you need further assistance please let me know, I am only too happy to assist.

If there is nothing further please do not forget to give me a 5 star rating so I can be paid for my work

Regards