Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My friend got a loan to buy a 2008 4WD from Townsville which…

Customer Question
My friend got a...

My friend got a loan to buy a 2008 4WD from Townsville which has been transported to cairns for her to pick up. So shes pick up her car to drive to Kowanayama which is a remote community about 800km north of Cairns. Whilst travelling back the car caught on fire and the doors locked which nearly caused death to her and family members. There is a police report which has all the details.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

QLD 2008

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has all the details written and verbal. she has the police report number and letters from the finance company where she got the loan

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

she will be able to raise a claim against the seller of the vehicle if it can be proved that it was not road worthy.

have you considered this option to raise a claim for damages ?