Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work for a very small business in the sporting industry.In…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a very small business in the sporting industry.In August i filed a complaint of misconduct against my CEO, since then he has made me feel uncomfortable

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, sent too quickly. I was admitted to hospital in November and have been on sick leave for a month. On returning a received a letter of complaint against me from a fellow worker (this worker has resigned) and i was to attend an investigation off site with someone i didnt know. I had 48hrs to prepare and wasnt ready. I asked for more preparation time and was denied. I attended meeting but asked if we could push meeting out until i had sort some legal advice. I have now been suspended from work until further notice. What are my rights, I am in Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm not sure what "at will" means? I am part time 25hrs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Who did you lodge the complaint with?

I havent lodged a complaint as i have been told that i cannot speak with anyone involved connected to our association as stated in the letter i received. Thats why i have contacted you just to find out my rights

You mentioned "I filed a complaint of misconduct against my CEO, since then he has made me feel uncomfortable"

To the board of directors

Did they investigate and do they have a policy?

They did investigate, they have policies, I was not told what the entire outcome was.
I feel like this is just a revenge situation now
Hello??

Why have they suspended you? Did they give a reason?

Do you have their policy and have they complied?

You have a right to lodge a complaint with Fair Work.

But you have to show the intimidation and harrasment.

They suspended me as i didnt speak at the investigation that was against me. I didnt have adequate time to prepare, they gave me a letter on Tuesday 5th on my return to work and the investigation was held yesterday Thursday 7th. I asked if it could be moved so i could seek legal advice and i was denied so i turned up to the investigation and explained this to the external person conducting this investigation and then left. That is why i have been suspended from work

Are you happy to have a call it may be easier.

With each response I have more questions

It is a further fee and you can request it and I will accept and call you or I can offer you the service.