Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a Victorian Public Servant of 33 years. I spent the…

Customer Question
I am a Victorian...

I am a Victorian Public Servant of 33 years. I spent the last 3 years away on unpaid sick leave after being bullied by 2 managers. I did settle a 39 week compensation claim some time back for anxiety. Since then I asked for and was given an independent investigation into the matter which confirmed that on several claims I made were highly likely to have occurred. The 2 bullies declined interviews which hindered the investigation and have both moved to other departments.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

EBA full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to sue for damages

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards. 
Do you have an employment contract
EBA is what I am on
Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement 2016
http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/about-us/~/media/Files/about_us/Careers/Victorian-Public-Service-Enteprise-Agreement-2016---official-version.pdf

you action that you can bring is at the Fair Work Commission

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

I do not have a contract, I am an ongoing employee

would you like to talk on the telephone about this important matter ?

Can damages be awarded by the Fair Work Commission?

Yes they can.

but you need to plead (claim) them.

would you like to talk about damages amount by telephone

does this answer your important question

With the telephone call, what will I be charged?

just the special offer that is displayed.