Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I allegedly had a motor vehicle accident in September this…

Customer Question
I allegedly had a...

I allegedly had a motor vehicle accident in September this year when I was reverse parallel parking into a carpark in sydney. At the time I was unaware my vehicle had hit the vehicle behind but when I returned to my vehicle, the owner of the other vehicle was waiting for me and my tow bar was definitely touching the front of his car. His insurance company Youi are chasing me for payment of approximately $1200 damages which they have paid out to the repairer. I have several problems with this:

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

1. There was already existing damage to the front of his vehicle which it seems they want me to pay for

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Sydney is in New South Wales and the car has a value of between $900 and $2500 according to redbook

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do you mean reported to the police? If so, no Yes. I have a couple of problems

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

ok have you filed an incident report yourself to the insurer disputing the damage amount ?