Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can I remove my name and my children's names from my

Customer Question
Hi, can I remove...

Hi, can I remove my name and my children's names from my biological father's headstone legally? Was not consulted and I did not approve?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure.. ? I cannot find his wife and she did without my knowledge

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

No. I just want a yes or no answer to a simple question

if your agreement was not proved for your name to be on the headstone you can seek an order from NCAT for its removal.

does this answer your important question ?

At who's expense?
Do I have to pay

the person who paid for he headstone will be liable for the costs

I cannot talk now. Thanks

did I answer your important questions today ?