Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do we go about changing a property from joint tenancy to…

Customer Question
Hello... How do we...

Hello... How do we go about changing a property from joint tenancy to tenants in common please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that is all at this stage thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

this will require doing a change with the titles office.

do you need help with this process ?

No thank you - just need to know how to start. Tried finding on the QLD business site found it singularly unhelpful

ok, you will need to use a conveyancer or lawyer to do the transfer change through PEXA

Thank you

is there any thing else ii can help you with. ?

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.