Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work for a mining company called Norton Gold in Kalgoorlie…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a mining company called Norton Gold in Kalgoorlie the company has a insurance policy with SunCorp on all workers for death and continuance of salary the insurance company have notified me that they have cancelled my policy because l have reached the age of 70

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in WA and was notified yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have just passed the full underground medicinal to be fit for work I have been employed with this company for 4.5 years they also told me the insurance company will not cover me because l have reached 70 years of age

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

has the company offered you an alternative with the insurance, if they do not, you may have a claim under the Fair Work Act.

have you considered this point ?