Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In a live in relationship for a year and partner now wants…

Customer Question
In a live in...

In a live in relationship for a year and partner now wants to pay me for being off work as I can't get centrelink with his salary. Should I be giving him my account details as I have been paying rent but in cash.. No records

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet but I was going to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel he is not a commitment person and just playing me. I have done a lot and paid rent up until a couple of weeks ago and I have been out of work since end September 2017.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

if your partner wants to assist you with paying money into your account, you can do this, as he is only paying money into the account and is not able to talk money out.

If you are concerned that he is playing you, should make sure that you keep a record of all money transactions with him., including get a summary receipt of rent you have paid for.

does this answer your important question.

Hi
Thank you, ***** ***** worry he will have an account of this and I do not have any records of what I put in e.g. rent, as it was cash.

can you show the funds leaving your bank on regular intervals ?