Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am about to lodge consent orders with the courts and want…

Customer Question
I am about to...

I am about to lodge consent orders with the courts and want my ex to have my half of the house and my name taken off the deed. There is still a small amount owing on the mortgage. He is on an aged pension and may not get a loan in his name. What is the likely outcome

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Townsville queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have talked to Wormens legal service but they said if he couldn't get the loan then he would have to sell the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also have purchased a property with my son having to sign for 30% of the mortagee because my name was on the other houses (one rental property that has now been sold and the property in question.) How do we get his name off my property. He is concerned. He will just sign his share over to me as no money actually changed hands.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Can you give me an outline of the orders you want?

I have the orders ready to go that state he has to get a new title and will require to get a new housing loan or sell the house. He is currently on an aged pension and the bank told me today that he will probably not get the loan. It is for $25,000.

Are you to received any money and he keep the house?

I am getting his life insurance which was an old endowment policy

You are transferring the house to him alone and you get the insurance

correct

You have to make it clearer or the court will not make the orders.

If you wish to pay a further fee I can call you and work you through how to draft the orders.

It is a further fee of $85.00

no that is fine thank you for your advice.

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck

Please do not forget to give me a 5 star rating so I can be paid.

Regards