Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Please. No my fridge is still not working and the person/

Customer Question
Hello yes please Lawyer's...

Hello yes please

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No my fridge is still not working and the person/ company is not getting back to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are my rights

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Sorry I never done this before
I don’t think I need an immigration lawyer?
I have just bought a second hand fridge/freezer from a small company on Facebook
The freezer is working but the fridge part is still not getting cold at all
Help
I have been trying to call and message him for 2 days now
Hello I am in Australia
Can you please refund my money and thanks again for trying to help
But I dldnot notice that you are in the USA
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

If it was second hand you are not protected by the Australian Consumer Laws to have a warranty.

Your only option is to look at what the advertisement said and you can rely on that as part of the contract that you entered when you purchased it.

If they said it was in working order you may have a case for Misleading conduct and sue them for lying.

You relied on the advertisement and they lied.

You can sue them in the tribunal in your state for false and misleading conduct.

Here is the law as it stands

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/misleading-claims-advertising/false-or-misleading-claims

If they are an individual then you will have more issues. This applies to companies.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Okay thanks

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome

Please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars for me to be paid.

Regards

Hello and thanks for letting me know what I can do Yes the ad states that it was in excellent working condition So what do I have to do? Go to a police station or the courts? Thanks again for your help Kind regards Tia *

Good Morning

You have a civil case and you sue them.

The police will not get involved.

If you tell me what state you are in I can let you know the tribunal to go to.

Regards