Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having a continued battle with Telstra with regard to…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a continued battle with Telstra with regard to Promises made about connecting to and ADSL2 broadband when I transferred from my old address to my new one. I was given no choice other than a wifi broadband, and now have recived abill for $1800 without any notice of A) exceeding the Data limit or originally explenation that the wifi broadband service is actually a mobile phone service.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only to the complains dept of telstra where i was give a case manager who has not called me back for the last 3 days

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is the 3rd time I have opened a ADSl service with Telstra sales only to be given the same subsequent answer that there are no available portholes despite my last attempt on 29 Novem. when I was made aware that my next door neighbor was leaving for the NT and had ADSL2 . the sales dept Employee Shai D811502 advised it would be possible to transfer the portal to me as Telstra worked on a Five to 10 Working day turnaround. To be told by the Technical dept on Dec. 1st that there were no portals available for 2 to 3 months (Similar story to the previous 2 occasions)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you raised this complaint in a formal written notification to the disputes resolution department yet ?