Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had water damage from a mains burst in my property and the…

Customer Question
I had water damage...

I had water damage from a mains burst in my property and the Water Board have publicly taken responsibility, but have not adequately compensated for loss of mortgage. I am seeking advice to the Ombudsman also, but what else can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I’m made a claim with my insurance and that has been finalised for contents replacement and I submitted a lease agreement, to the Water Board, Strata and my insurance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have had to move out of my property and now am paying double rent and mortgage till it is repaired, but this unsustainable in the long term

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/7/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you considered raising a civil claim for the damages that were not compensated through NCAT ?

Him no I haven’t what’s NCAT? What would that involve/cost?

NCAT = New South Wales and Administrative Tribunal

you can run the case yourself and you will be able to achieve a just result

would you like to discuss this further ?