How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am separated from my wife and have been so for

Customer Question

I am separated from my wife and have been so for approximately 5 years although we are still married. Several years ago she asked my permission to move overseas (Vietnam) as she had applied for, and been offered a job as a primary school teacher in Ho Chi Minh City. The contract was for two years. I agreed.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in NSW. However since this time, she has taken another job in Phuket as the British International School as a teacher and is now refusing to tell me the address of where they live. This is obviously a concern to me. Do I have a right to know where they live? What are my access rights and how can then be enforced with one parent living with the children overseas - in this case Thailand?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My father is a solicitor but does not specialise in family law. I don't have much money so he suggested getting advice from the Family Court. This is my first attempt at getting advice from a specialist.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Children ages 11 and 7 may be relevant. But, that aside, those are the major points. Obviously my ex and I have a very strained relationship and she does get significant benefits from her job at school including free education for the kids at a private school and subsided housing. Again, not sure if that matters but those are the points.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Expert:  John Melis replied 11 months ago.

do you have any parenting order in place by the court ?