Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The box air conditioner above me is dripping constantly onto…

Customer Question
The box air conditioner...

The box air conditioner above me is dripping constantly onto my air con unit

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nt

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes to the owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need to know who is responsible for fixing it. I've looked on the net but the nt seems to be in another world

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/6/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you called a repairer under the warranty ?

It is not my airconditioner how can I can I call a repairer

have you worked out where the drip is coming from ?

the box air con above me does not have a pipe connected to it and the drip comes directly from it

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

no thanks
Just point me to the correct web site pleas
are you still there

can you tell me the manufacture name

no idea - It is old - why do you ask

this is what is creating the leak right ?

can you take a picture and upload and show me ?

It is not a leak but a drip it comes out of the aircon when it is running and drips down on the top of my box aircon making it impossible to use the room

ok, in this case you need a plumber to seal it.

do you have a local plumber you can call ?

no you can't seal it , it is what box air cons do but they are normally connected to a pipe that sends the drip down the wall to the ground. Because the air con is on the third floor they need to erect scaffolding to fix it. I just want to know who pays Body Corp or the owner of the aircon

the owner will be responsible for fixing this point.

Thank-you

did I answer your question today ?

Thank you.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.