Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I understand that the owners corporation has a

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I understand...

Hi Pearl, I understand that the owners corporation has a responsibility to maintain walls forming a boundary of the lot, so what if we have some concrete cancer appearing on top of the boundary wall which also joins my balcony?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

Sorry Pearl, are you able to help with my question?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I received a letter stating it's my responsibility to repair

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The area that needs repair is on top of the wall. No I figure it's either the body corp's responsibility or maybe 50/50, not me 100%

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

It is all common property

All the building is common property. You only own from the paint in.

The BC is liable fro the whole building even the wall you mention.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards