Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was a member of a Superannuation Fund for ANZ staff. the…

Customer Question
I was a member...

I was a member of a Superannuation Fund for ANZ staff. the insurance I had within the super fund was cancelled when I withdrew some funds. Although the cancellation was covered in the PDS I was not given any specific warning that it was to cancel. I used the withdrawal form for staff leaving ANZ but I was not leaving ANZ. Although the Trustee confirmed it was the wrong form several years later ( when I tried to make a claim I was still an employee. The withdrawal form for staff remaining with ANZ (and the form I should have used) contains a specific warding that the insurance would cancel if any funds where withdrawn. My question is does ANZ as my employer have a DUTY OF CARE to me s an employee to ensure I am fully informed of the significant consequences even though the Super Fund Trustee is separate to ANZ. A related question is does the Super Fund trustee also have a DUTY OF CARE to advise all current staff of significant consequences both if they are saying with the employer or resigning i.e. is this in fact discrimination? At the time of the withdrawal I was being treated for major depression which my employer knew and which involved electic

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW. I also meant to finishes the last sentence with the fact that I was undergoing electric shock treatment at the time of the cancellation as well as taking medication and from time to time I took sick leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was a full time employee with ANZ - for over 30 years. Not sure about the employment agreement but I was in a senior management role an don't believe I was covered by an employment agreement

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

happy for you to call me

Good Afternoon

You have to elect a call and it is a further $82.00

I will accept the offer and call you.

Regards

I will be online later tonight from 730

You can log on about then and elect a call and I will accept.

Talk to you then.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards