Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My divorce was 25 years ago, but was threatened by my

Customer Question
My divorce was 25...

My divorce was 25 years ago, but was threatened by my husband, that he would kill me if I touched his company shares. I know have proof of what his company was worth at the time. Can I go back?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from state to state, can you tell me where the company is registered?

NSW but family law was qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Am trying to find one who would deal in this area in Qld. My ex husband's sister has provided me with all documents to prove all that was done to decrease share value for court hearing as he has threatened her in her father's will and will not give her what is owing to her. He eventually received 2/3 million for sale if business and I received $50,000 out of court settlement. He also just received $2 million Super of which I received nil. I was with him for 20 years and have two children.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

So you have had a property settlement at the time?

Did the court make orders?

Though I agreed, there were orders made.

But you were you divorced?

Leon, please phone 0488 454 373

You have to elect a call and I will accept. it is a further $82.00

Good Afternoon

I am logging off and will be back later about 730pm

If you accept the offer of a call I have extended to you then I will call you when I get back.

Regards