Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If my neighbour is trespassing in my property and cutting my…

Customer Question
If my neighbour is...

If my neighbour is trespassing in my property and cutting my hedge more than a meter from the fence inside my property, do I have to have video as a proof , or a photo of the cleared hedge is enough?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, but I did spoke to Shire ranger in the past and police officer over the phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is that breach of the law

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/5/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Have you spoken to them? If not you have to speak to them and request that they not enter your land without your consent.

If they continue to do it then you can take action against them and get orders that they not enter.

But you have to speak to them and make it clear that you do not agree to them entering your property.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards