Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My grandson was returned to hs mother claiming he was

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my grandson...

Hi Pearl, my grandson was returned to hs mother claiming he was kidnapped by his Dad my son. There were no orders in place at the time, she claimed he was unsafe with his Dad which was his reason for not returning him. As a grandmother I am now being bloked, where to from here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, haven't found anyone suitable yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, could they tell me about Change of Residence as possibility.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/5/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the next step is to try mediation before seeking parenting orders from the Family Court

Ok, my son was unable to participate and orders have been made against his seeing the child for two years. What aremy options as a grandmother please?

the next main step is to file proceedings in the Family Court if mediation fails.

No thanks. Can you answer me by text please?

if you cannot negotiate with the other side the only option is to commence an action in the Family Court.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.