Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My ex husband has decided he would like our boys to go to…

Customer Question
My ex husband has...

My ex husband has decided he would like our boys to go to Private school, I do believe the school would be better for them. He now expects me to contribute on top of my child support payments, is this the case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
He has also told me he is going to child support again to ask for money from me.
Answer?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

The law says that you as the supporting parent only has to pay what the child support agency assesses you to pay.

You are not required to pay any more than the assessment.

Child support assesses you based on your income and expenses. The fact they are going to go to a private school does not change what you are assessed to pay.

If you do not want to pay anymore you will not be asked to pay more.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor